Laine Issue 17
It is time for Laine's delightful summer issue! Issue 17 — aptly named Here Comes the Sun — feels like the first tender rays of sun after a long winter. The inspiring summer knits and fun, quirky photos create a happy, relaxed mix with a subtle vintage feel.
Issue 17, Summer 2023, includes:
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 4 sweaters, 3 cardigans, 1 top, 2 shawls and 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with the French designer and debut author Cinthia Vallet, known for her charming knitted animals. Cinthia talks about her design process and the joy that toy-making can bring to adult knitters.
- An article about an Australian sheep farmer who shepherds a flock of Finnsheep 15,000 kilometres from their homeland.
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lissy and Rudi Robinson-Cole, a couple making crochet art inspired by their Māori heritage.
- Päivi Kankaro gathers experts’ tips on how you can start designing your own knitwear patterns!
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet a Finnish knitter who likes to knit in nature.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your summer cooking: tomato confit, lemon fizz mocktail and almond pavlovas.
- Book reviews.
Pattern previews are now available to see on Ravelry.
Issue 17 is now available for pre-order. Publication date is May 5. Grab your copy today.